2015 was pretty darn amazing. Though I haven’t been able to do everything on my list, I’ve been able to keep up my joy of exploring the world, flying people around, spending times with family and friends, and maintaining employment through the year. This is a “year in review” recap of 2015 with one more trip to go (headed to Chile on Monday!). I hope you realize that you too can get out and see the world with a full-time job.
2015 Year In Review
|Distance||40,206 mi||190,728 mi|
- Puerto Rico (2014/2015) for Christmas/New Years
- Salt Lake City, Utah to pickup Lewis’ new SUV
- Breckenridge, Colorado for Devin’s bachelor party
- Maui, Hawaii for Chris’ sister’s wedding
- Sunriver, Oregon for Devin and Barbi’s wedding
- Seattle for SakuraCon
- New Orleans for Jazz Fest
- Akumal, Mexico for Kristin and Scott’s Wedding
- Austin, Texas for a visit to the Austin office
- Seattle again to say goodbye to Megan
- Seattle the week after for PAX 2015
- Brookings, Oregon for crazy good times at Ryan and Melissa’s wedding
- Clayton, Georgia for Camp Nerd Fitness (adult nerd camp!)
- Las Vegas for Tableau’s User Conference
- Austin again for my work’s users conference (travel troubles)
- Las Vegas again for Kristen’s birthday shenanigans
- Newport Beach, California for learning up on travel hacking
- San Ramon/San Francisco for training
- Lewiston, Idaho to visit my grandma and momma
- Chile (pending)
Dang, all over the place.
Being a Pilot
On top of traveling around, I’m a pilot, so I took a bunch of people flying. Since I got my license in October of 2014, I have flown 60 people I’ve never flown before. That’s completely awesome.
Life In Portland
I also lived a pretty awesome life in Portland with awesome friends. Though there were some hiccups when it came to family (dad in Salem having heart surgery, and grandma in Idaho diagnosed with cancer), overall it has been good.
Some highlights of life in Portland:
- First time hiking Horsetail Falls
- Taking Ixa hiking up Dog Mountain for her birthday
- Hiking up Mt. St. Helens (again)
- Winning the spring kickball tournament with my team Ahhhhh, Yeah Folks!!!
- Festivals! (SOAK, WTF!, Country Fair, etc.)
- Portland Burger Week!!!
- Another year doing the Portland Bridge Pedal
- Brew festivals with some awesome peoples
- Successfully putting on a story telling show with Jason Potter!
- Playing tons of board games (lots of new ones)
- Spending lots of time gallivanting around with Kristen
- Another year living with Lewis and Annamarie
- Watching the Timbers win the MLS Cup!
- Star Wars!
- And many more nights of awesomeness!
Final Thoughts On This Year In Review
Though there is just under a week left of 2015, and just one more trip to go, I’m pretty happy with how 2015 turned out and really excited for what 2016 has in store. Though I don’t have any set plans for 2016, there are definitely traveling that will occur. I hope you’ve enjoyed this “year in review” that I’ve written here in 2015 and look forward to what is to come in 2016!
Just remember to get out there and see the world. Stop spending so much time and money on “things” and spend them on memories!